Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Update

I haven't been in a blogging mood.
Trying to get some normalcy back in my life, but of course you know it isn't fast enough for me.

I have been trying to amuse myself, when nothing feels quite right.
L gave me this DVD to watch, about the hawk that moved to NYC, crazy hawk.
But no, seriously, if you haven't seen it, you should.  It is amazing.


I try to take cues from Roy on relaxing, but I can never quite get that sweet abandoned sense of full relaxation that he does.
 He's a pro.

I have been reading. 
That helps.
I highly recommend this one.   Quite the page turner.
I really couldn't put it down until it was finished.


But of course what made me happiest were the couple of times DH dropped me off at the studio for awhile.
And I do mean "awhile".  He insisted.

I couldn't do much, but I got to visit with L, and friends.
The inside cats were ......"oh, hi, have you been gone?"
Next and Nuff, however, my outside boys, were much more excited to have me back.  They live in the real world.

I finally felt good enough to graduate from mashed potatoes and lime jello to a salad with tuna.
Quite exciting actually.  You don't appreciate such simple things, until they just don't work for you.


While I was gone, my strapping order arrived, for that big pile of totes that L was working on.


Pinning the straps on is something I can do.


Maybe they'll get sewn together before spring actually arrives.  Though it still looks like gloomy old March around here, if you ask me.


Tomorrow is my Skype appointment with the surgeon, and I hope he says I can drive.
At least, I can go to the studio on my own time, without being a pain.
I've been pretty high maintenance sometimes these last 7 months, between two skull surgeries.
I don't say it often enough, but DH does more than I could ever thank him for......shopping, cooking, waiting on me, running his butt off pretty much.
So officially, THANKS DH. 
I couldn't have done it without you. 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Husbands are da bomb. :) DH adores you and you know it.... :) Glad you are feeling a bit better even if Roy doesn't seem to be able to teach you his tricks of 'how to relax'. I think you just aren't paying attention to the cues he give you. xox

DJan said...

Following your intense journey, Hilary, wishing you well every day, and hoping that you know there are many like me who read, hope for a headache-free world, sending you positive thoughts...

Deb said...

Aw Hilary, not one mention of a headache. How wonderful! Today I was sitting, waiting in a parking lot and I started to think about you. I was actually getting worried as we had not heard anything for awhile. I thought about how strong you have been and all that you have been through. I think you are quite an amazing woman. I'm just hoping now that this will soon be behind you and I look forward to reading posts as your life becomes 'normal' again. You have a good husband. I'm glad this will soon be all over for him, too.Sending hugs, Deb

Country Girl said...

Welcome back to earth, my friend. I promise that Spring isn't far behind ~
xoxo

Hilary said...

I don't know how you can resist Roy's cuddly demeanor. I'd be snuggled up right there with him. So glad you're getting back into the swing of things sooner this time around. You're back!

Susan said...

You're amazing--like the Everyready Bunny that just keeps going. I've made a note of the book; I have a lot of flying to do over the next few weeks and I'm always looking for something to read. XOXO

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are back on your feet, give 'em hell Hilary.

Daryl said...

did you love that Kate Atkinson book? I adore her Jackson Brody series and the way she takes what seem like separate strands of story and ties them up nice and neat with a bow ... glad to see you progressing to semi solids .. it had to be hard to chew i bet ..

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

Great to know that you are getting better and no mention of a headache!
Also great to know you feel like reading and eating salad.
Glad you have DH and your girls to watch out for you.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

You didn't mention the Headache! is it gone??.... a little soreness and stiffness is totally expected after any surgery...

Vicky said...

So thankful to hear from you and know you are in recovery mode. Yes, the headache? Better? Gone? I pray better days are ahead of you- lots and lots of them!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts